Friends of the JHC
The Friends of the JHC is a community of dedicated supporters that helps the centre to flourish.
The Friends has provided volunteer support whenever needed and financial support for vital projects including a sound and projection system, professional development for staff and volunteers to attend national and international programs, database software, sponsorship of special exhibitions and education programs, scholarships in Holocaust education and much, much more.
Friends is a community
Members are proud of their support for an award-winning museum and our exemplary student education program.
Melbourne’s precious Holocaust survivors have played an essential role in keeping the memory alive of those lost during the Holocaust. They have also assisted in fighting racism, bigotry and antisemitism through the JHC education program. It is now the task of the Friends to continue supporting the work of these remarkable people.
Together, we can help the Jewish Holocaust Centre in continuing to provide high-quality exhibitions, research and programs for the more than 23,000 students and 10,000 visitors of the public who visit the JHC each year.
|Annual membership fees|
Join now and receive
- Invitations to Friends’ JHC exhibition previews and special events
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the archives and other areas of interest
- Monthly e-news updates of events
- An online subscription to Centre News, our twice-yearly publication. Individuals who donate more than $180 a year will receive complimentary hard copies
- Membership to the Australian Federation of Friends of Museums entitling you to free or discounted entry to many Australian or overseas museums.
- A membership card