Build the Future
Help us keep the survivors’ voices alive and be part of history
by supporting this initiative to build a world-class museum.
This redevelopment will ensure that the JHC, with its strong local and international reputation, will be cemented as a must-see museum and education experience.
Features of the space include:
- Three museums – a permanent Holocaust museum, a dedicated children’s museum for younger visitors, and a gallery for temporary exhibitions.
- A space for visitors to watch our immersive survivor testimony film Walk With Me.
- Enhanced learning areas for school students, as well as spaces to run workshops and conferences.
- A contemplative garden that will incorporate the Pillars of Witness sculpture by Andrew Rogers and our Eternal Flame.
- A powerful Memorial Room, incorporating many plaques.
- An expanded Resource Centre and Library where researchers and others can access our Testimony and Artefact Collection as well as our specialist Holocaust library.
- Two auditoriums for lectures, films and special events.
Over the past 15 months we have met with donors to secure major funding, and we are grateful for the extremely generous support we have received to date.
We still need a further $2 million to commence the redevelopment.