Donate an Item
The JHC Collection is a vital repository of Holocaust-era material. Artefacts and documents are carefully catalogued and stored in a state-of-the-art temperature controlled facility to ensure their preservation for future generations.
The JHC invites members of the public who have precious items relating to the Holocaust to consider donating them to our collection for safekeeping.
The types of items sought by the JHC include:
- Personal effects: cutlery, tools, ritual objects, jewellery, numismatics (paper or coin money, stamps);
- Personal papers: documents, correspondence, memoirs, and scrapbooks; Photographs;
- Textiles: concentration camp uniforms, clothing, badges, armbands, flags;
- Art: paintings, period drawings, prints, sculpture, posters and other creative works;
- Books, pamphlets, posters and maps;
- Music: scores, instruments and sound recordings;
- Written and oral testimonies;
To discuss donating an item to the JHC contact Archives ph: (03) 9528 1985