The Jewish Holocaust Centre stands in solidarity with our Rwandan friends, with whom we are
bonded in survival, shared trauma and respect.
In 1994, over a period of one hundred days, a million Tutsis were murdered in Rwanda. This year is
the 25th anniversary of this genocide, a dark period in history.
It is a significant time to remember the lives lost and we wish to show solidarity with the Rwandan
The Jewish Holocaust Centre aims to provide educational programs to combat hate, racism,
prejudice and intolerance. It is by sharing these stories and remembering the victims that we can
learn from the past to build a better future.
• Address by Mr Michael Roux, Honorary Consul-General of Rwanda in Australia
• Rwanda, an overview by Sue Hampel OAM, JHC Co-President
• Survivor Testimony, Frida Umuhoza
• Reflections, Monash University students
• Traditional Rwandan Songs, Delphine Umutoni
• Address by Elly Brooks, JHC Executive Board Director